A nutritious smoothie is always a good choice for a refreshing day. Exotic fruits are full of vitamins and minerals, and consumed in the form of a smoothie can successfully replace the dessert portion of the day. See the recipe to make the best tropical smoothie at home.
Smoothie is a healthy drink made from fresh fruits or vegetables in the form of puree, prepared in a blender. A beverage of this kind has a liquid base, such as water, fruit juice, milk, and sometimes dairy products, such as milk, yogurt, or ice cream.
A healthy smoothie depends on the ingredients you add and their quantity. You should keep in mind that fruit juice can contain large amounts of sugar, and this can cause weight gain.
You may also want to try these recipes:
How to make tropical smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup orange or pineapple juice
- Optional, if you want: 1/2 cup of yogurt
- Add all fresh or frozen fruit in a blender. If you add yogurt to the smoothie, now it is ideal to put it in the blender, along with the fruit.
- Mix the fruit in a blender for about a minute on high speed, then set it on a lower speed and mix for another minute or until the smoothie gets the desired consistency.
- Put the tropical smoothie in a large glass.
- For extra flavor, you can add a few fresh mint leaves, lemon juice, or even a few ice cubes to the tropical smoothie. The soft drink is ready.