The Swedish meatballs are always a good choice for family lunch. Fortunately, it is a very easy recipe to prepare, with a few ingredients. Follow our recipe for Swedish meatballs. Traditionally served with boiled potatoes, meatballs are loved by the entire family.
The meatballs are made from minced meat along with a few other ingredients, including onions, eggs, butter, and a few spices. They are cooked by frying, baking, or even steaming and eaten with any side dish.
Meatball recipes are cooked all over Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Swedish cuisine is varied, and the list of recipes never lacks traditional meatballs with sauce and jam, such as the famous Swedish meatballs.
Swedish meatballs can be eaten with boiled potatoes, a salad of fresh vegetables.
You may also want to try these recipes:
- 3 bread slices
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs fine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups broth
- 1 cup half-and-half (or light cream)
- Add milk and bread in a bowl.
- After the bread is soaked, add the minced meat, egg, salt, nutmeg and black pepper. Mix everything and divide the composition into small meatballs.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a bowl and pass each meatball through fine breadcrumbs, then place them in the oven-ready bowl.
- When all the meatballs are finished, put them in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the meatballs are completely cooked.
- After removing them from the oven, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- When the butter is hot, add the flour and mix well for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the broth and leave on the fire until it thickens, stirring constantly.
- Add half of the cream to the sauce in the pan and mix. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Place the meatballs in the sauce and let it boil for another 2 minutes.