Mushrooms are vegetables that can be added to any recipe. They can be cooked with a variety of ingredients for the main course, but they can also be a perfect appetizer for lunch. Consumption of mushrooms is recommended for your health because they contain more vitamins and minerals. See how to make the simplest recipe for stuffed mushrooms.
Mushrooms do not contain any fat, sugar, or salt and are a valuable source of fiber and vitamins. Mushrooms contain essential minerals, including potassium, copper, iron, and phosphorus. But the most significant is selenium, which is not found in too many fruits or vegetables.
Mushrooms ensure efficient digestion, are very good for increasing immunity, reduce the risk of chronic diseases of the intestine, and reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer, such as breast and colon cancer.
How mushrooms can be cooked
Here are some recipes that include mushrooms:
- Grilled mushrooms;
- Mushroom stew;
- Cream of mushroom soup;
- Mushrooms in white wine sauce;
- Mushroom risotto;
- Mushroom meatballs;
- Mushroom soup.
For this recipe for stuffed mushrooms, you need pimentos. Pimento is a type of pepper with a sweet flavor. This is also known as a cherry pepper because of its red color and round, heart-shaped fruit. They usually measure about 3 to 4 inches long and 2 to 3 inches wide, with a short, thick green stem.
- 4 large mushrooms
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 ounce pimentos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- The mushrooms are washed and the stems are cut, after which the stalks are finely chopped. In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, finely chopped mushroom stalks, oregano, rosemary, thyme, finely chopped garlic, salt, and pepper. All stir in the food processor for about a minute. Finely chop the pepper, do not overprocess. Stir in the chopped pimentos.
- Put a grilled pan on the fire and grease well with butter. Meanwhile, prepare the mushrooms.
- Wipe well, grease with olive oil, and put 1/2 tablespoon of butter inside each lid. Put the mushrooms full of butter in the hot pan and leave for about 4 minutes.
- When cooked, remove the mushrooms from the grill and fill with the breadcrumbs mixture. Grate cheese over breadcrumbs. Put the mushrooms back on the grill in the pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
- When ready, let the mushrooms cool, cut them into quarters, and serve as an appetizer.