There are many variations of quiche, and their names can be different, often in French such as quiche au Fromage (quiche with cheese) and quiche aux champignons (quiche with mushrooms) or traditional recipe for quiche with spinach or tomatoes.
What is quiche?
Quiche is a tart that can be salty or sweet and can be prepared from a variety of ingredients for a tasty breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. One of the tastiest quiche recipes is one in which the main ingredient is spinach. See the best spinach quiche recipe.
Quiche is a French tart made of a pastry crust filled with salted cream and pieces of cheese, meat, seafood, or vegetables. Quiche can be served hot or cold. The best-known variant is quiche Lorena.
Spinach is an edible vegetable that can be eaten fresh or stored correctly in the refrigerator. It can be added raw in salads or cooked, and the taste differs depending on the recipe of which it is part.
Spinach quiche is a recipe that can be prepared at home for a special occasion or a family dinner.
You may also want to try these recipes:
Here’s how to cook spinach quiche
- 1 (9 inches) unbaked deep pie crust
- 1 (10 ounces) package frozen chopped spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounces) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounces) package herb and garlic feta, crumbled
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (4.5 ounces) can mushroom, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat, then add the garlic and onion until lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- The spinach is allowed to thaw, then drained. Finely chop the mushrooms.
- Mix the spinach, mushrooms, feta, and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. All ingredients mix well and add to the pie crust.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs and mix it with the milk. Add salt and pepper and pour the mixture into the pie crust, allowing the egg mixture to combine well with the spinach mixture.
- Put the spinach quiche in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the remaining Cheddar cheese and bake for another 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the spinach quiche from the oven when the peel is browned.
- Before being cut and eaten, the spinach quiche is left to cool for 10 minutes.