It is a recipe in which spinach is the main ingredient, along with a few other ingredients such as cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream. To cook the spinach dip you can use frozen or fresh spinach. The spinach dip recipe is consumed, in particular, as a cold appetizer. It is a quick and easy recipe that is eaten with fresh vegetables or biscuits and is the perfect meal even for vegetarians.
Because the recipe contains only five ingredients, each of them contributes to the final flavor of the spinach dip. The texture of the recipe is creamy due to the mayonnaise, and the added cream cheese perfectly complements the taste of the vegetarian appetizer.
Spinach dip can be specially presented at the table, namely in a bowl made of bread. Remove the bread crumbs and place the cooked spinach inside.
Raw spinach contains 91% water, 4% carbohydrates, 3% protein, and contains negligible fat. In a 100 g serving of spinach, there are only 23 calories, which is why the spinach is the ideal garnish for any dish. Spinach has a high nutritional value, especially when it is fresh, frozen, steamed, or boiled quickly. It is a rich source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, magnesium, manganese, iron, folic acid, calcium, and potassium.
You may also want to try these recipes:
- 1 box frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- The spinach dipping recipe is very easy to cook, which is why it is one of the most prepared appetizers.
- Frozen spinach is left to drain to lose all its water. If you use fresh spinach, it is immersed in hot water for a few seconds, after which it is allowed to drain until it loses all its water.
- In a large bowl put all the ingredients and mix until all the ingredients are combined. Put the dip spinach in the fridge and keep it cold for at least an hour before serving.
- The recipe with spinach dip can also be made as a hot appetizer. Mix in a saucepan the spinach, cream cheese, mayonnaise, parmesan, and spices and put everything on low heat until the cheese melts very well. Stir continuously for about 5 minutes, until the cream cheese has melted and the mixture is even.