This shrimp risotto recipe is perfect for a family lunch or dinner. When you have a craving for a seafood dish, shrimp is the best choice. Easy to buy and cook, and with a unique taste, shrimp is an excellent dish, no matter how they are prepared. There are many recipes for shrimp food, and among the tastiest and easiest to prepare is the recipe for risotto with shrimp.
Risotto from “riso” means “rice” is a kind of rice cooked mostly in northern Italy. Cook with broth until it reaches a creamy consistency, as you wish. The broth can be derived from meat, fish, or vegetables. Many types of risotto contain butter, onions, white wine, and parmesan.
Shrimps are spread all over the world. There are thousands of species adapted to a wide range of habitats. They can be found feeding on the seabed on most coasts and estuaries, as well as in rivers and lakes.
Shrimps are a species of aquatic crustaceans of the order Decapods. The body is 2-30 cm long and is usually flattened laterally and bent.
Shrimps are healthy, tasty, and are a perfect choice if you are on a diet because they have few calories.
How do you know how to buy the best shrimps
Frozen shrimps go through several stages: they are caught, cleaned, then quickly frozen, through a process called quick individual freezing. This makes each package of shrimps fresh and only good for cooking.
How to defrost shrimps
You can leave them in the fridge overnight and cook them the next day. Thus, the shrimp will thaw naturally. If you want to defrost the shrimp faster, then you can leave them in a bowl, under a weak stream of cold water.
How to marinate shrimps
If you want to add a special flavor to the shrimp recipe, then you can marinate the shrimps. You can make a simple marinade like this: olive oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic, fresh parsley, salt, and pepper.
In addition to these ingredients, you can add any additional ingredients you prefer, including ginger, soy sauce, or onion. Leave the shrimps in the marinade for at least two hours before cooking.
How to cook shrimps
- Ingredients For the Shrimp
- 1 pound 16/20 shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 10 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- Ingredients For the Risotto
- 1 cup of rice
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onion (minced
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- Start with the shrimps. Heat the olive oil over high heat in a large pan.
- Add salt and pepper over the shrimp and put it in the pan with oil. Leave them on the fire until they are fried on both sides, then take the shrimp out of the pan.
- In the pan add 2 tablespoons of butter and chopped garlic
- Leave them in the pan together for about 1 minute. Add the white wine and juice over the garlic in the pan. Let the sauce reduce by about a third. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Mix the remaining butter and parsley. Set the sauce aside in a small saucepan.
- Now let's cook the risotto.
- Heat the chicken stock in another small saucepan. In a separate pan heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the onion and garlic. Boil over medium-low heat until the onion becomes translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and continue to stir until the rice is lightly browned. Add a full pot of hot broth and stir until the broth is absorbed. Repeat, adding a pot or two from the stock, until the rice is al dente and you have used most of the stock.
- Stir in the rice all the time so that it does not stick to the bottom of the bowl. Boil the rice for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add over 2 tablespoons of butter and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and cover with a lid.
- The shrimps and the sauce are put back on low heat for a few minutes. The rice is served in a bowl, over the rice add the shrimp and sauce. Add more Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley on top.
- Shrimp risotto can be served with a glass of white wine.