A healthy recipe that you can easily prepare at any time of the day, suitable especially for dinner. It doesn’t take much time, nor many ingredients. Below, you’ll find an easy way to make scalloped potatoes.
If you love potatoes, you may also want to try these recipes:
- 1 - 1/2 to 2 pounds potatoes;
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 F / 190C.
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into thin slices.
- Grease a large baking tray with butter.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the salt and pepper.
- Put a layer of potato slices in the baking tray and sprinkle about half of the flour mixture on top.
- Repeat the same process with the next layer of potatoes and the rest of the flour. Cut the butter into small pieces and place it over the potato slices.
- Pour the hot milk over the potatoes, cover the bowl with baking foil and bake for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the pan from the oven, remove the foil and sprinkle the chopped cheddar cheese over the potatoes.
- Put the potatoes back in the oven, without covering them, for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the potatoes are well done.