Pumpkin ravioli is one of the best ravioli recipes that you can prepare. Tasty, moist, soft, and flavorful, this ravioli filling will become one of your favorite pumpkin recipes.
Serve it with different types of sauces, from simple ones like melted butter and fresh sage to more elaborated sauces like sausages, gorgonzola, and mushrooms. Experiment with different ingredients like heavy cream, chopped nuts, parmesan cheese, fresh herbs like chives, and vegetables to prepare a delicious sauce for pumpkin ravioli. Of course, the simpler the sauce is, the more you will feel the taste of this mouth-watering filling. That is why they serve tortellini and ravioli with melted butter and fresh sage leaves, or with some light chicken broth in many Italian regions.
You can serve this delicious dish with dry white wines like Chenin, Sauvignon, or Pinot Blanc.
How to store pumpkin ravioli?
It is better to freeze ravioli then to refrigerate them. Arrange them in one layer on a floured or lined baking sheet and place them in the freezer until frozen, for about 40 minutes. Take them out of the freezer and place them in a zip bag and keep frozen for up to 2 months.
You may also want to try these recipes:
How to make pumpkin ravioli
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup bread flour
- 8 oz. mashed pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- A pinch of ground cinnamo
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, taste
- Mix flours in a bowl and add in the eggs and egg yolk. Knead well to combine.
- Place the dough on a floured work surface and knead until you get a homogeneous and elastic dough. Wrap it with a plastic wrap to prevent it from drying and let stand for approx. 30 minutes.
- Prepare the filling by mixing all the filling ingredients in a bowl.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts.
- Use pasta machine or a rolling pin to roll both portions of dough. You need to obtain two identical rectangular sheets around 1/16 inch thick.
- Arrange a spoonful of pumpkin filling on the first sheet (each filling should be about 1 ½ inches apart).
- Brush the edges of the bottom sheet with water and cover it with the second sheet.
- Press gently around the filling to enclose the filling.
- Use a notched cutter wheel to make 1 ½ inch quadrants.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pumpkin ravioli for approx. 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.