Pumpkin puree is an easy and delicious autumn side dish. With just two ingredients you can prepare a tasty puree to serve with meat or egg dishes. The procedure is very simple, so even if you are making your first steps in the kitchen, you will be proud and happy with the result. Cut, roast, peel, and process, and voila’, a healthy pumpkin puree is ready to be served.
- For more flavor, you can add grated mozzarella cheese and milk. Heat it shortly until the cheese has melted.
- Seasoning is always a good idea, so add up some flavor with ground cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice.
- It is a perfect side dish, but it can also be used to prepare many mouth-watering recipes like muffins, bread, meatballs, donats, pretzels, ice creams, stuffed potatoes, and many more. So if you happen to have leftover pumpkin puree, there are plenty of recipes you can prepare.
How to store pumpkin puree?
Store it in an air-tight container for up to 7 days. You can also store it in the freezer for up to 2 months. You can also use the stovetop method to can your pumpkin puree in sterilized glass jars.
You may also want to try these recipes:
How to make pumpkin puree
- 1 whole medium pumpkin
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the pumpkin in half.
- Scrape out the seeds and set them aside.
- Place the cut side down onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for approx. 40 to 50 minutes, until fork-tender.
- Remove from the oven let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Peel of the skin and place pumpkin chinks in a food processor (do it in two or three batches).
- Season with a punch of salt and process until smooth and creamy.
- Serve and enjoy.