Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are one of the greatest desserts you will ever prepare. It is an easy, yet super tasty cookie recipe that you can decorate in many ways to make them perfect for any occasion.
- Add more spices if you like strong and fragrant cookies like cayenne pepper, chilies, or cloves.
- You can replace all-purpose flour with almond or walnut flour for a gluten-free version.
- Decorate the cookies by topping sough balls with more chocolate chips (press them gently). You can also use cream cheese frosting, cinnamon or ginger cream, and some colorful sprinkles.
- Serve them for breakfast with a hot cup of milk, coffee, or tea. You can pair these cookies with a glass of red wine like Cabernet Sauvignon, some tasty liquor of your choice, or a Prosecco.
How to store pumpkin chocolate chip cookies?
You can freeze them in zip bags for up to 3 months or in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to one week.
Once you prepare the dough, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. So you can double the amounts and have a ready-to-bake dough in no time.
You may also want to try these recipes:
Here’s how to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 356°F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk butter and sugars with an electric whisk until creamy.
- Add in pumpkin puree and stir well to combine.
- Combine dry and liquid ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of dough at the time into balls. Arrange them onto a lined baking sheet.
- Press each ball gently with a back of the spoon.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.