When autumn comes, we are all happy to embrace its best scents with delicious pumpkin dishes. You can use it to prepare so many tasty recipes, but one of the most fragrant and soft ones is pumpkin bread.
Prepare the best pumpkin bread of your life and serve it for breakfast, as an appetizer or with main dishes, as we are sure the whole family will enjoy.
Tips to make the best Pumpkin Bread
- Store it in the refrigerator for 4 days wrapped tightly in a plastic wrap, or you can freeze it for up to 2 months. Make sure to store it only after it is completely cooled.
- Before removing it from the oven, make a toothpick test, and if it comes out clean, your pumpkin bread is ready.
- If you would like to use fresh pumpkin instead of pumpkin puree, use one small pumpkin. Cut it in half, place it cut side down on a lined baking sheet, and bake for about 35 minutes at 400°F. Peel it and process in a food processor until homogeneous and creamy. Let it cool before preparing pumpkin bread.
- Pumpkin bread batter can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator for 2 days (covered).
- You can serve this healthy and easy-to-prepare pumpkin bread with sweet and savory dishes.
- For a crunchy texture, you can sprinkle it with toasted pumpkin seeds (before baking), add some chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or raisins.
You may also want to try these recipes:
How to make pumpkin bread
- 9 oz. pumpkin puree
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 small eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Orange zest, to taste
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl beat sugar and butter for 2 minutes (use an electric mixer). Add in the eggs and mix until well combined.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until homogeneous.
- Pour the mixture in a greased and flour dusted loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan before serving.
- Serve and enjoy.