Pumpkin bars are a delicious dessert, perfect for breakfast, as a snack, or whenever you need to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- If you would like to use homemade pumpkin puree, then take a look at our Pumpkin puree recipe and use 2 cups to prepare pumpkin bars. Add some spices to enhance the flavor, like ground cinnamon, allspice, or cloves. Pure vanilla extract is always a perfect choice for adding flavor to your dessert recipes.
- Serve them for breakfast with a hot cup of milk, coffee, or tea. You can pair pumpkin bars with a glass of red wine like Merlot, some tasty liquor of your choice, or with a sparkling wine like Prosecco.
- Cut them in squares and serve on a large serving plate.
- Prepare a cream cheese frosting by beating 8 oz. of cream cheese and ¼ cup of softened butter until creamy. Add 2 ½ cups of powdered sugar, vanilla extract to taste, and a pinch of salt. Beat at high speed for a couple of minutes. To thicken the cream, add more powdered sugar. Spread over cooled bars and decorate with colored sprinkles or nuts.
Hot to store pumpkin bars?
You can store pumpkin bars in the refrigerator for up to 2 days covered with a plastic wrap. Before wrapping the bars wait until they have cooled down completely. You can also freeze them in for up to 3 months.
You may also want to try these recipes:
How to make pumpkin bars
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 356°F.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs with sugars for 2 minutes. Add in grapeseed oil, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract. Whisk again shortly to combine.
- In another bowl combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix dry and liquid ingredient until homogeneous.
- Spread the mixture into a lined or greased baking ban.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Serve and enjoy.