Gratinated potatoes are a great recipe for potato lovers. It is a tasty recipe, very easy to prepare and very suitable as a side dish for any main course.
Potatoes can be prepared in a lot of ways and each recipe is tasty. One of the most beloved and common recipes is au gratin potatoes. They are easy to prepare, they only need a few ingredients and can be the perfect lunch or dinner.
In North America, the dish is differently called “festive potatoes” or “funeral potatoes”, in Canada, the dish is called “au gratin potatoes”.
If you love potatoes, you may also want to try these recipes:
How to make potatoes au gratin. Which is the easiest recipe.
- 6 -7 potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Peel the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes. When cooked, cut into not very thin slices.
- Grease a baking dish with a little butter.
- Place the sliced potatoes in the prepared baking dish.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the remaining butter, and after it melts, add the flour and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes, then gradually add the milk and mix.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Add the cheese and continue to stir until the cheese is melted.
- Pour the sauce from the pan over the potatoes in the baking dish and mix gently.
- In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with olive oil and sprinkle evenly over the potatoes.
- Put the potatoes in the preheated oven and leave for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle finely chopped parsley on top and lunch is ready.