This simple potato salad recipe is prepared with potatoes, some fresh vegetables, and a little mayonnaise for extra flavor. A classic lunch recipe, as grandma used to do. It is the perfect side dish for any meal or it can be served as it is, because it is full of flavors. Let’s prepare this recipe for potato salad.
Eggs can also be added to the potato salad. Boil two eggs, peel them, let them cool, then cut them into small pieces. Mix the egg pieces with the rest of the ingredients in the potato salad and everything is much tastier.
- 3 pounds potatoes (red-skinned, round white, or new potatoes)
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1-2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Boil the potatoes for about 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the rest of the vegetables into small pieces, season with salt and pepper, and mix all the ingredients.
- Add the mayonnaise over the vegetables and mix.
- When the potatoes have boiled, let them drain and set aside to cool.
- When they have cooled, cut the potatoes into cubes and add them to the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients and keep the potato salad in the fridge until ready to serve.