For pasta lovers, a simple, quick, tasty, and flavorful recipe is the pesto pasta recipe. A portion of pasta with pesto is perfect for lunch. If you want to cook them at home, you only need a few simple ingredients.
Pesto is a sauce originally from Genoa, Italy, and is traditionally composed of crushed garlic, pine nuts, salt, basil leaves, and hard cheese, such as Parmigiano-Reggiano, also known as Parmesan cheese. All these ingredients are mixed with olive oil and the pesto sauce is ready.
The name of pesto is the past participle of the Genoese verb “pestâ”, which means “to beat”, “to crush”, referring to the original method of preparing pesto sauce. According to tradition, pesto was made by crushing or grinding in a marble mortar.
Today all the ingredients can be put in a blender and the pesto sauce is ready in just a few seconds. Pesto is commonly used on pasta, but can also be added to any recipe with meat, potatoes, or eggs.
If you like pasta, you may also want to try these delicious recipes:
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 cup pesto (homemade or purchased)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Put a large pot of water and salt to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the instructions on the package. The secret of tasty pasta is how to boil it. The pasta must always be boiled al dente.
- After they have boiled, drain the pasta. Put the pasta in a large bowl, add the pesto sauce, and mix.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over the pesto pasta.
- The pasta is served hot. Can you add more parmesan over the pasta
- The remaining pasta you can keep in the fridge for the next day and reheat them for another lunch