Chicken can be cooked in a lot of ways. Next to any chicken dish, you can add a lot of ingredients to give the recipe a special taste. The recipe for pesto with chicken can be cooked any day for lunch because the preparation is very simple and the result is delicious.
Pesto is a sauce originally from Genoa, Italy, and is traditionally composed of crushed garlic, pine nuts, salt, basil leaves, and hard cheese, such as Parmigiano-Reggiano, also known as Parmesan cheese.
All these ingredients are mixed with olive oil and the pesto sauce is ready.
The name of pesto is the past participle of the Genoese verb “pestâ”, which means “to beat”, “to crush”, referring to the original method of preparing pesto sauce.
According to tradition, pesto was made by crushing or grinding in a marble mortar. Today all the ingredients can be put in a blender and the pesto sauce is ready in just a few seconds.
Pesto is commonly used on pasta, but can also be added to any recipe with meat, potatoes, or eggs.
If you love chicken, you may also want to try these delicious recipes with chicken:
- 2 pieces of chicken breast about 1 kilo of chicken parts
- 4 tablespoons of prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup chopped Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella
- 5 tomatoes
- Italian spices
- Wash and clean each piece of chicken breast. Cut the tomatoes into thinner slices. Cut the mozzarella into thicker slices.
- Cut the pieces in half so that you get 4 pieces of chicken. Over each side of the chicken breast, add a tablespoon of pesto sauce.
- Over the chicken breast and pesto, place slices of tomatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add a slice of mozzarella over the tomato slices, then sprinkle with spices and parmesan.
- The chicken with pesto and mozzarella must be baked for 40-45 minutes.
- The chicken pesto recipe can be served with a garnish of rice, potatoes, or fresh vegetable salad. It is the perfect recipe for a family lunch on any day because it is easy to prepare and very tasty.