Do you want to enjoy the authentic Italian taste of carbonara pasta? You have to prepare them according to the original recipe. You only need a few ingredients, and the pasta is ready immediately. Traditional carbonara does not contain any cream.
If you like pasta, you may also want to try these delicious recipes:
- 1 package spaghetti
- 1/2 pound guanciale or bacon
- 3/4 cup freshly grated pecorino-romano cheese
- 4 egg yolks
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pan and add a teaspoon of salt. When the water starts to boil, add the pasta and cook it following the instructions of the box.
- Meanwhile, cut the guanciale into cubes and mix the yolks with the cheese.
- Fry the guanciale for a few seconds. When the pasta is boiled, take it out of the pan and place it directly over the guanciale, then add a cup of water over the pasta.
- Let the carbonara pasta cool for a few minutes, then add the yolk and cheese mixture, stirring constantly.
- Put the pasta on the fire for another 30-60 seconds, then serve each portion of carbonara pasta with a little pecorino cheese on top and a freshly ground pepper.