Moscow mule is a refreshing cocktail based on ginger beer and some other fresh ingredients. Of course, the composition of the cocktail does not lack vodka, this is one of the reasons why it is named after the capital of Russia. It was one of the most popular drinks in the United States in the 1950s when vodka was the only favorite beverage.
A Moscow mule is a cocktail made with vodka, spicy ginger beer, and lime juice, garnished with a slice of lime. Moscow mule is popularly served in a copper cup, which takes over the cold temperature of the liquid.
The classic cocktail recipe was well known for many years until a new version of the invention of the mule cocktail in Moscow was published in 2007. A refreshing and special drink for evenings with friends that you can easily prepare.
You may also want to try these recipes:
How to make Moscow Mule
- 1 standard tray ice cubes
- 1 medium lime
- 1/2 cup vodka (4 ounces)
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle or can ginger beer, preferably chilled
- 2 lime for garnish
- If you want, for starters, you can break the ice cubes into smaller pieces. Put the ice in two large glasses.
- Over the ice add the lemon juice, a tablespoon of lemon juice in each bowl.
- The next step is to add vodka. Pour 1/4 cup of vodka (2 ounces) into each glass of cocktail. Now you have to pour the ginger beer.
- Divide the amount equally for both glasses of Moscow mule. Mix everything to complete the ingredients.
- Serve the Moscow mule cocktail with a few slices of lime as a decoration.
- For extra taste and aroma, you can add some fresh mint leaves and the cocktail is ready.