Mashed potatoes are the perfect side dish for almost any meal. It can be eaten with steak, a salad, or simply as a main course. See the recipe for mashed potatoes, with butter and milk.
If you love potatoes, you may also want to try these recipes:
- 2 pounds of potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the potatoes. Wash them and put them in a saucepan, cover with water, add 2 teaspoons of salt and cook for about 20-25 minutes. When the potatoes are soft, it means they have boiled enough.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk in a pot. Leave for a few minutes on medium-low heat.
- Take the potatoes off the heat, strain the water, and let them dry for a few seconds.
- Mash the potatoes while adding the warm milk and melted butter.
- Mix the mashed potatoes well until you get a smooth texture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mashed potatoes are served hot as a side dish for any recipe.