Jalapeno poppers are a tasty appetizer that can be prepared quickly every day. It is based on cheese and smoked bacon filling and cooks in less than 30 minutes.
This is an aperitif that you need to have at any party, but also for a quick family meal. The aroma of grilled peppers blends perfectly with the taste of fried bacon and cheese.
See how to make jalapeno poppers
- 10 medium-sized jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup scallions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 F / 200 C.
- Heat the oil in a pan over low heat, and add the diced bacon. Leave the bacon on the fire until it browns and the pieces become crispy. Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and chopped cheddar, onion, garlic powder, and mix everything until all the ingredients are combined.
- Cut all jalapenos in half - lengthwise - and remove the seeds
- Fill each half of the jalapeno with about a tablespoon of cream cheese mixture. Do not overload, as the filling will spill while baking.
- Place a baking sheet in the baking tray and place the pieces of jalapenos poppers stuffed with cheese on top.
- Add a teaspoon of fried bacon on top of each pepper and stick to the cheese composition.
- Bake the jalapenos in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the peppers are soft and the bacon is browned and crispy.
- The recipe for jalapenos poppers is ready. Eat them while they're hot