Boiled eggs are generally prepared by boiling/immersing them in boiling water. Hard-boiled eggs are cooked in such a way that the egg whites and yolks solidify, while soft boiled eggs can leave the yolk and sometimes the eggwhite, at least partially liquid and raw.
When you want to quickly prepare eggs for festive meals or just for a family lunch, using the instant dish is the best idea. The eggs are cooked the way you want, have a smooth surface and you do not need to watch the cooking pot carefully, because inside they cook perfectly.
What is an instant pot
The instant pot is a multicooker that, using the pressure cooker mode, can cook a lot of food in less time than the cooking mode of a stove or a hob.
It is an efficient appliance where most of the cooking is done right in the pot, without the need for other cooking utensils.
The instant pot needs a certain amount of liquid to create enough steam to increase the pressure, and this makes it the perfect appliance for cooking hard-boiled eggs.
In addition to the devil’s eggs, there are many ways to use boiled eggs. Boiled eggs can also be added to salads with fresh vegetables, potato salad, and can be eaten with guacamole or even added to a sandwich.
How do you know if an egg is fresh and can be boiled
Fill a bowl with tap water. Place one or more eggs in the water. If the egg lays horizontally on the bottom of the bowl, it is quite fresh. If the egg is upright, it is fine, but it should be eaten soon. If the egg floats to the top of the water, it should be thrown.
You may also want to try these recipes:
- 8 to 12 eggs
- 1 cup water
- Pour the water into the inner of the Instant Pot. Place the support in the pot and over the support, add the eggs. The cap of the instantaneous vessel locks, but make sure that the pressure relief valve is in the sealing position.
- Select cooking under pressure, high pressure, and set the timer for 4 minutes for medium or 5 minutes for cooking. If you want soft boiled eggs, set the timer for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, while the eggs are boiling, place several ice cubes in a large bowl.
- When the eggs have boiled, let the pressure drop naturally for 5 minutes, then carefully move the pressure relief valve to the vent position to release the remaining pressure.
- The boiled eggs are placed in an ice bowl, left to cool, then broken and cleaned well under a stream of cold water. Boiled eggs can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.