Granola is a perfect breakfast food, made from whole grains, nuts, and nutritious seeds, and naturally sweetened dried fruits. Granola can be eaten in the morning with yogurt, honey, or even milk.
The granola is prepared in the oven and is usually baked until it is crispy and well fried. During the baking process, the mixture is stirred to maintain a poor consistency of breakfast cereals. Granola can also be served as a topping for various pastries, desserts, or ice cream.
Granola is nutritious, light, high in calories, and easy to store. It is often the ideal snack between meals or even the only good snack to take when hiking in the mountains or doing various outdoor activities.
The names Granola and Granola were registered as trademarks in the late 19th century in the United States for foods which consisted of crushed whole grains and then cooked until they were crispy. The food and name were revived in the 1960s, and fruits and nuts were added to make it a portion of healthier food.
What are Granola bars
Granola bars or muesli bars have become popular as a snack and consist of granola mixed with honey or other sweetened syrup, pressed and baked into a bar shape, resulting in the production of a more convenient snack. Granola bars are always individually packaged in a sealed pouch.
The product is most popular in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom.
You may also want to try these recipes:
How to make Granola
- 3 1/2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cup nuts (raw and unsalted)
- 1 cup of dried fruit
- 1/2 cup seeds (raw)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Place baking paper in a metal baking tray and add oatmeal, ground flax seeds, and chopped walnuts.
- Mix all the ingredients well and place the tray in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the mixture starts to turn golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt to the oatmeal mixture and stir to combine.
- In a bowl, mix the egg whites with the oil and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the mixture of fried oats and dried fruit to the egg white mixture and mix well to cover the dry ingredients.
- In a large metal pan, add a little oil and the granola mixture. Mix well to bake evenly.
- Put the mixture back in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the granola turns golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- When it cools, use a large, sharp knife to cut the rectangle into several pieces of granola.
- The granola pieces can be kept fresh in an airtight container even for a week, but they can also be frozen if you want to keep them for longer.