A perfect combination of ingredients that can be great for the first meal of the day, but also lunch. It is an English dish that can be reinterpreted with a lot of other ingredients, but the basic recipe is very simple.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tomatoes
- 12 thin slices of cooked ham or Canadian bacon
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices of bread
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and lemon juice.
- Add 1/3 of the butter, about 3 tablespoons. Place the bowl with egg and butter over a bowl of hot water and stir constantly until the butter melts and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add another 3 tablespoons of butter, stir until the butter melts, then add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Continue to stir for about 3 minutes, until the sauce has thickened enough. Take the bowl from the bowl of water, add salt and pepper and mix.
- Place the ham slices and tomato halves on the pan support. Boil 4 cm from the heat for about 4 minutes, or until the ham begins to brown and the tomatoes are cooked.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, add more water and 2 teaspoons of vinegar to the large bowl and leave everything until it reaches boiling point.
- Break the eggs and carefully add them in boiling water. Boil the eggs over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until the yolks are done to your taste.
- Over the toast add a slice of toast, a slice of tomato and egg, and a little sauce on top.