Egg salad is an ideal dish for breakfast. The recipe is mainly made from boiled eggs and mayonnaise, but for an extra flavor, other ingredients such as celery and mustard and spices in the form of herbs can be added.
Egg salad can be made from any ingredient you have. You can add cold ingredients such as peppers, cheese, cucumbers, and onions, as well as bacon or pickles. Egg salad can be eaten with toast, but also in a sandwich with tomatoes, avocado slices, and lettuce or spinach leaves.
There are several types of eggs that you can try, each with its specifics and properties. Among those consumed and used most often are:
- Chicken egg, which has, on average, 70-80 calories.
- Duck egg contains more fat and more cholesterol.
- Goose egg, rich in fat.
- Quail eggs that contain protein, vitamins, and minerals are almost five times larger than chicken eggs.
Eggs are rich in protein, antioxidants, and nutrients that help in the development of the bone and muscle system. They are low in calories, which is why eggs are recommended even in the diet to lose weight. Egg salad is an easy recipe to try at home and can be a perfect appetizer before lunch. How to make egg salad.
You may also want to try these recipes:
- 3 large eggs
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 green onion or 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- Put the eggs in a bowl and add cold water over them. Put them on the fire and leave them until they are perfectly cooked.
- After they have cooled, clean the eggs and cut them into quarters or pieces and place them in a medium bowl. In the salad, eggs can also be put in the form of puree.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well until all the ingredients are combined. Taste the egg salad and add more salt and pepper, onion, or mayonnaise if necessary.
- Serve on your favorite bread or a bed of lettuce.