Deviled eggs are one of the most popular appetizers. It is always cooked for parties, holidays, or family meals because it has a delicious taste. It is known by several names, depending on the region, and some of the most common names for deviled eggs are:
- in France, the appetizer is called “oeuf mimosa”
- in Hungary, töltött tojás” or “kaszinótojás” (“casino egg”)
- in Romania, “oua umplute”,
- in Poland, “jajka faszerowane”
- and in some parts of South America, it is called “huevos peruano”
How long to boil eggs for deviled eggs
For soft boiled eggs, let them sit in hot water for 4 minutes. For normally boiled eggs, soft until well done, let them for 6 minutes. If you want hard-boiled eggs, leave them in the water for 10 minutes.
An appetizer based on eggs and cream cheese, easy to eat, but especially quick to try.
You may also want to try these recipes:
Here is how to prepare deviled eggs with cream cheese
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- black pepper
- Optional: paprika or bacon
- Boil the eggs until well cooked, peel them, then cut them in half lengthwise and remove the yolks.
- Mix the yolks with the vinegar, mayonnaise, cream cheese, mustard, salt, and pepper and mix everything. If not a homogeneous composition, you can add more mayonnaise.
- Using a spoon, fill the holes in the egg white halves with the cream cheese and egg yolk mixture.
- Sprinkle small pieces of bacon or pepper on top, let them cool well, then serve the stuffed eggs.