There is nothing better than a plate of baked vegetables if you are a vegetarian or if you want to add a garnish for a chicken or turkey steak. Root vegetables become sweet when cooked for a long time because they caramelize when heated, and the starch in vegetables turns into sugar.
Slow cooking is a way of slow cooking food, using a special device called a multicooker that has a slow cooker function. This appliance uses electricity to create a lower baking temperature, which involves a long cooking time, which can range from two hours to 12 hours.
Although it seems that this way of cooking will take you a long time, the great advantage of slow cooking is that all you have to do is prepare the ingredients and then put them in the cooking device. Once you start the cooking program, you will not have to mix in the food or check it in any way.
The recipe for fresh vegetable pots is very easy to prepare in the oven. Add all the vegetables you like and in an hour you have prepared the best lunch or even dinner.
You may also want to try these recipes:
How to cook crock pot vegetables
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2-3 medium carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 2-3 red peppers
- 2 canned tomatoes in the broth
- 1 canned pea + corn mixture
- 1 canned red beans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Peel all the vegetables and cut them into cubes or slices.
- Mix the carrots and potatoes in an oven tray, add a little oil and water and mix the vegetables well.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and put the tray in the oven for 15-20 minutes, covered with aluminum foil.
- After this time, take the tray out of the oven, remove the aluminum foil and add the rest of the ingredients, but without the tomatoes and the parsley.
- Mix the ingredients, cover the tray again, and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- When all the vegetables are almost done, add the diced tomatoes and mix.
- The recipe is put in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- When ready, add fresh parsley and serve everything with a fresh vegetable salad.