Cream corn soup is very popular in the United States and the recipe is known as “Corn Chowder”. Americans do it all year round with canned corn. Corn chowder is a cream soup based on corn as the main ingredient. Chowder is the general term used for cream soups from vegetables or seafood.
Corn cream soup is a seasonal, flavorful soup that is very easy to prepare, just like the other super creams. If you like corn, then you should try this soup recipe. You can also prepare this recipe soup with boiled, canned, or frozen corn.
Cream corn soup is a rich source of carbohydrates, which provides energy to the body, helps prevent anemia, helps the normal functioning of the heart, and lowers cholesterol.
Corn contains a variety of B vitamins, but also potassium, a mineral that regulates blood pressure and prevents muscle cramps. It is rich in fiber and antioxidants that help the body stay healthy.
Corn can be cooked in a lot of recipes, and the most popular ways are:
- Grilled corn;
- Corn boiled and added to vegetable salads;
- Corn omelet;
- Cream corn soup.
You may also want to try these recipes:
How to cook cream corn soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion
- a canned corn
- 1 carrot
- 2 potatoes
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Finely chop the onion, as well as the garlic, cut the carrot into rounds, and cut the potatoes into cubes.
- Put the oil in a large saucepan and add the chopped onion. After 2 minutes, add the sliced garlic.
- Add the sliced carrot, sliced potatoes, and salt.
- Add 3-4 cups of water and put the lid on the pan, then let it simmer for at least 20 minutes. over medium heat, or until the potatoes and carrots are well done.
- Add the canned corn and let the soup boil for another 10 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and with a mixer mix all the cooked vegetables.
- Add nutmeg, paprika, and salt if needed.
- Serve hot corn soup and add 2-3 tablespoons of sour cream, if you want.