Cornbread is a quick bread recipe made from cornmeal and is a specialty that is part of American cuisine. Cornbread is a very popular dish in South America, which is cooked and appreciated for texture and tasty aroma. This recipe can be baked, toasted, but also steamed.
You can eat cornbread for breakfast, but also a garnish served with butter or bean paste. The dough for Nordic style cornbread is very similar to that of a corn muffin.
The recipe is very easy to make, and the basic ingredients that you need are milk, cornflour, eggs, and butter. You can use any kind of pan and in just a few minutes, you can make the best cornbread ever.
You may also want to try these recipes:
How to make cornbread
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons baking powde
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In another bowl, mix the milk, eggs, and melted butter.
- Prepare an oven tray and grease with a little butter.
- Combine the two mixtures, the dry and the liquid, and mix until smooth.
- Put the whole composition in the oven tray.
- Put everything in the oven for 25 minutes or until the cornbread is browned around the edges.