Coleslaw salad is one of the most popular side dishes. You can often find it at the supermarket and in restaurants, but you could learn know how to prepare it from scratch! See the recipe on how to make coleslaw salad at home.
- 1 medium green cabbage
- 1 medium red cabbage
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 2 tablespoons red onion, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon sour cream or buttermilk
- Peel off the tattered cabbage leaves, then chop the remaining healthy ones into small pieces. Do the same with both types of cabbage.
- Dice the carrots and onions
- In a large bowl, mix all the vegetables, cabbage, onion, and carrots and season with salt and pepper to taste. If the salad is too sweet, you can add a little vinegar.
- Meanwhile, separately make a salad dressing. In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the vinegar, sour cream or milk, if you prefer, mustard, a little sugar, and salt.
- Add the dressing over the salad and mix well to cover the vegetables perfectly.
- The coleslaw salad should be kept in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. It goes well with any main course.