Chicken taco soup is a simple and flavorful recipe. The best thing about this recipe is that it is full of flavor, it has many seasoning, and you can add more. Spices and herbs go hand in hand with this recipe, so do not be shy to use them.
- You can prepare chicken taco soup in a crockpot. Place all the ingredients in the crockpot and stir gently to combine. Set the temperature to low and cook for 7 hours.
- Serve the soup with shredded cheese, lime slices, tortilla chips, or/and drizzled with sour cream.
- Garnish with chopped chives, cilantro, or sprinkle with a combination of croutons and fried bacon.
- For more flavor, you can add green bell pepper and one jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced. You can also garnish the soup with sour cream, lime zest, and sliced jalapeno. If you do not like spicy food, you can add just green or red bell pepper. Another healthy and nutritious ingredient you can serve with chicken taco soup is avocado. Peel and slice it, and top the soup with it.
How to store chicken taco soup?
You can refrigerate the soup for up to 3 days in an air-tight container. You can also freeze this soup for up to 3 months.
You may also want to try these recipes:
How to make chicken taco soup
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 can chili beans, canned
- 8 oz. black beans, canned
- 8 oz. pan roasted corn
- 5 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon jalapeno powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup or more of meat broth, if needed
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook until golden.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients (except chicken breast) and stir gently.
- Add chicken breasts and press them in with a spoon.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cook covered for 45 to an hour.
- Remove chicken breasts and shred them with two forks.
- Stir in shredded chicken and add meat broth if needed.
- Serve and enjoy.