Fresh pie with lots of vegetables and chicken that is covered in a crunchy and tasty crust. That’s what the chicken pie in a pot turns out like, and you can try preparing it at home, by following our recipe.
- 1 1/2 pounds of potatoes
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 1/2 cups boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sheet puff pastry (1/2 package, or pie crust dough)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Optional: chopped chives or sesame seeds, for garnish.
- Chop the potatoes and carrots into small pieces, place in a large bowl, cover with water, add salt and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- The chicken must be cut into small pieces. Add a little oil in a pan, and when it heats up, add the chicken, celery, and onion and leave them on the stove until the chicken is cooked. Stir constantly. Transfer the chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan in which you fried the chicken, add the butter, and when it melts, add the flour and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken soup and continue to stir until the sauce thickens well and begins to boil.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, chicken, frozen peas, parsley, and the rest of the spices to the sauce in the pan and mix all the ingredients well. Add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Match the pie sheet to the size of the oven tray, as you will place it on top of the pie filling.
- Place the chicken and cooked vegetables composition in the baking tray, and place the pie crust on top, like a lid.
- Grease the pie sheet with a little egg and make a few holes in the crust to allow the steam to come out.
- If you wish, sprinkle a few sesame seeds on top of the chicken pie.
- Put the pie in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until it is browned and swollen.