Chicken pie can be a healthy alternative to a family dinner. The recipe is easily prepared from a few simple ingredients and served hot.
A pie is a dish cooked in the oven, which is usually made from a layer of pastry dough and a filling of various sweet or salty ingredients.
Pies can be made as a main dish, meat or cheese pie, but also as a dessert, apple pie, or fruit. The pies are prepared differently depending on the traditions of each country. The word pie is inherited from the Latin language: “placenta”, where it means “cake”.
Among the traditional pie recipes are apple pie, cheese pie, potato pie, cabbage pie, chocolate pie. From these traditional recipes, over the years a lot of other pie recipes or even quiche recipes have developed.
Chicken pie is served as the main course because it is nutritious.
You may also want to try these recipes:
How to cook Chicken Pie
- Ingredients for the pie dough
- 10 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons of milk powder
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 10 tablespoons hot water
- Ingredients for the pie filling
- 1/5 pounds of boiled and chopped chicken breast
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup of milk
- fresh parsley
- sesame / poppy seeds (optional)
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water, add flour, salt, sugar, 1 egg, powdered milk, and oil, then mix using a mixer or knead the dough by hand.
- Grease the dough with a little oil and let it rise for an hour, and in the meantime prepare the filling for the pie.
- Melt the butter in a pan and sauté the onion for 1-2 minutes. Then add the 2 tablespoons of flour and mix again for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the milk and continue to mix very well.
- Cut the chicken breast into smaller pieces and add the meat over the sauce obtained in the pan. Add salt and pepper and continue to mix until you get a thick cream.
- Allow the pie filling to cool and prepare the dough.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape. Place the filling on the center of the pie, lengthwise, then slice the remaining edges on the side of the filling.
- Bring one strip of dough over the other, kneading them, and at the end glue the last ones together, so that they do not fall apart the pie.
- Place the braided chicken pie on a baking sheet, grease it with the other beaten egg.
- Sprinkle seeds, if desired, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- When you take the pie out of the oven, grease it from place to place with butter and wrap it in aluminum foil and let it sit for 5 minutes.