The cheese potato recipe is one of the easiest and tastiest recipes to try every day. It is a simple recipe that can be served with chicken or salad. You can use any kind of cheese you prefer because the potatoes with cheese will have a great taste and will become the favorite dish of the whole family.
Cheese potatoes, often called funeral potatoes, are boiled potatoes, then put in a cream cheese sauce until they are ready and are golden and crispy. Unlike au gratin potatoes, in which the potatoes are cut thin, this potato recipe is made from potatoes cut into large pieces to feel the flavor.
This recipe for cheese potatoes requires a few extra steps, boiling potatoes, and making a quick cream of condensed soup from scratch, but the result is worth any sacrifice. The potatoes are creamy and tender, the sauce is rich and velvety, and the garlic adds flavor.
How do I Make Homemade Chicken Cream Soup?
To make cream of chicken soup at home you will start by making a roux: mix the flour in the melted butter over medium heat until it becomes dense. Then you will mix in the chicken and the whole milk and let the mixture boil until it thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3 pounds of potatoes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the baking dish
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
- Peel and wash the potatoes, then place them in a large saucepan, add cold water until covered, put a teaspoon of salt, and let them boil for 10 minutes from the time of boiling. After they have boiled, let them drain.
- Put the 4 tablespoons of butter in the pot over medium heat. Add the finely chopped garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the flour and mix for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the broth and milk, stirring constantly, then bring to a boil. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the cream, pepper, 1 1/2 cups cheese, and the remaining 2 teaspoons of salt. Add the potatoes and stir to cover.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Add over the potatoes and the mixture with milk and flour.
- Put everything in the oven for 45 - 50 minutes or until the potatoes start to brown and the cheese is melted.