A muffin is a dessert that can be made with various sweet fruits or chocolate fillings. It is a popular dessert in the United States, but also a dish that is often eaten for breakfast with a cup of tea. Blueberry muffins are the children’s favorite dessert. Fortunately, they are very easy to prepare.
Blueberries are widely consumed, not only because of their special taste, but also because they are rich in antioxidant compounds, vitamins, and minerals. Blueberries are low in calories and fat but abound in nutrients essential for the proper functioning of the body.
As for the vitamins and minerals they contain, blueberries are a good source of magnesium and vitamins K and C. They also contain copper and vitamins E and B6 in smaller amounts.
You may also want to try these recipes:
How to make the best blueberry muffin recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Prepare a special muffin tray and spray with non-stick cooking spray or baking spray.
- In a bowl, mix the melted butter and sugar. Mix until everything is smooth.
- Beat the eggs, then slowly add the milk and vanilla and almond extract.
- In another bowl, combine the flour with the baking powder, soda, and salt. Slowly mix the composition until well blended.
- Gently add the blueberries over the composition and mix with a rubber spatula.
- Fill the muffin cups with about 2/3 of the composition.
- Mix a tablespoon of sugar and about 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and sprinkle a little of this mixture over each blueberry muffin.
- Bake for 18 to 21 minutes or until the muffins are lightly browned.
- Try with a toothpick to see if the middle of the muffin is done. If it comes out clean when inserted in the center, then the muffin is ready.
- Remove the muffin tray from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and enjoy them.