Biscuits and gravy can be the perfect breakfast for the whole family. Are a popular breakfast dish in the United States, especially in the south. The recipe emerged as a distinct regional dish after the American Revolutionary War when people did not have much money to buy food. Because breakfast is the first and most important meal of the day, this recipe is perfect to try every morning.
Sausage sauce is a much-loved traditional dish in the United States. After the lean pork sausages are cooked in a pan, together with the flour they form a delicious sauce that is eaten with homemade biscuits.
You may also want to try these recipes:
- Ingredients for buttermilk biscuits:
- 4 cups flour
- 2 sticks of cold butter
- 1 2/3 cups buttermilk or regular milk with 2 teaspoons of mixed vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Ingredients for sausages:
- 1 sausage for breakfast
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup flour for all purposes
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of salt
- Garnish: chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients with the butter and put it in the food processor. Stir until the composition turns into fine crumbs. The composition can also be mixed with a blender or a fork. During the mixing, gradually add milk. When the dough has formed, it is spread on a surface sprinkled with flour.
- Roll the dough into a thick sheet and cut with a cookie cutter. Place each piece on a baking sheet and put everything in the oven for 15 minutes or until browned.
- How to make Gravy
- Cook the sausages in an iron pan or with a heavy bottom. They break into pieces while you cook. Gradually add flour and mix until the ingredients are perfectly combined.
- Add the milk and mix. Leave on the fire to cook for 2 minutes and stir occasionally until the sauce thickens.
- Season everything with salt and pepper. Put the sauce over the biscuits and sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top.