Risotto is an Italian dish that can be cooked in a variety of ways. If you tried our mushroom risotto or the Shrimp risotto and you want another new recipe idea, you can try cooking risotto with asparagus.
Asparagus or garden asparagus, popular name grass “sparrow”, scientific name “Asparagus Officinalis”, is a vegetable used in many recipes, a species of perennial flowering plant of the genus Asparagus.
Eating asparagus has a lot of health benefits, so it should be part of our diet. In ancient times, asparagus was used for its aphrodisiac effects, but today it is one of the tastiest and appreciated vegetables.
Asparagus is rich in vitamin K and folic acid, vitamin C, beta-carotene, vitamin E, zinc, and selenium. It is a vegetable that can be eaten in any diet to lose weight because it contains very few calories, 5 asparagus shoots do not contain more than 20 calories.
How to roast asparagus
Wash the asparagus, peel the bottom to reduce the risk of stringy texture, and cut off the wooden ends. Reduce the tips of the asparagus and then cut the stems diagonally.
Heat a little oil in a pan and cook the asparagus for 8-10 minutes at a medium temperature. When ready, sprinkle salt over the fried asparagus and eat it as a garnish for any main course. This is how to make roasted asparagus.
- 1/2 pound of asparagus
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1-quart chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (plus, extra Parmesan for serving)
- 2 tablespoon parsley
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Salt (to taste)
- Heat the chicken stock over low heat in a medium saucepan for a few minutes, then reduce the heat so that the stock remains hot.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the finely chopped onion. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft and slightly translucent.
- Add the rice to the pot and mix quickly with a wooden spoon so that the grains are covered with oil and melted butter. Heat it for another minute. Add the wine and let it boil, but stir constantly, until the liquid is completely absorbed.
- Add some of the hot chicken broth over the rice and stir until the liquid is completely absorbed. When the rice looks almost dry, add another pot of stock and repeat the process. Stir constantly.
- As it cooks, you will see that the rice will take on a creamy consistency. Boil the chicken broth rice for about 30 minutes or until the rice grains are tender. If you run out of stock and the risotto is not finished yet, you can finish cooking using hot water.
- After about 15 minutes of boiling the rice, add the asparagus, and continue to stir. Add the rest of the butter, half the amount of grated Parmesan cheese, salt, and mix.
- When the asparagus risotto is ready, sprinkle grated cheese, finely chopped parsley, and serve hot. Asparagus risotto is one of the tastiest recipes.