Apple pie is one of the most loved and popular desserts of all time, a dish that is not only delicious but also very easy to prepare. See what ingredients you need and how you can make apple pie at home.
The recipe is fragrant and tasty and can be prepared at home in any season. It is a dish that is made with minimal effort and little money. The apple pie is one of the simplest, most flavorful, and tender cakes you can make, without spending too much time in the kitchen.
An apple pie is a pie in which the main ingredient for the filling is the apple, an original recipe from England. It is often served with cream, ice cream, or cheddar cheese. Apples contain over 80% water, organic acids, pectic substances, vitamins A, C, B, and E, iron, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iodine, and potassium.
Apples also contain fiber and are low in calories. Fiber and nutrients from apple balance digestion, calm indigestion, and intestinal infections. Apples can be eaten as such, fresh fruit, or in the juice or cakes.
How to make Apple Pie
- 2 pie sheets/ crust pie
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 apples
- 1 peach
- 1/2 cup crushed corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons dry peel lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 F / 200 C.
- Wash and slice apples and peaches
- In a large bowl combine the amount of sugar and cinnamon and mix in the apple and peach slices.
- In a large baking tray, place the pie crust, and sprinkle the cornflakes and the mixture of apples and peaches on its bottom.
- Place the lemon peel and small pieces of butter over the filling.
- Add the second pie crust on top, over the filling. The upper crust is cut in several places with a knife or a few holes are made with a fork to allow steam to come out.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of the pie and put everything in the oven. Leave for 10 minutes at a higher temperature, then bake for about 45 minutes at 350 F / 175 - 180 C.
- When the pie crust is golden, remove from the oven and let it sit to cool down for about an hour before serving.