Apple crisp is a dessert made from a mixture of brown sugar, flour, butter, and apples. Apples can be replaced with any other fruit, such as peaches, pears, or berries.
There are many recipes for desserts with sweet toppings, but none of them are as crispy as the ones with apples.
Apple Brown Betty or apple pudding is a similar dessert, which consists of alternating layers of apples and biscuit dough.
The apple cobbler is an old recipe in which baked apples are covered with a crispy crust made of pie crust or biscuit dough.
This recipe combines fresh apple slices with cinnamon and a fine mixture of butter, flour and sugar. For extra flavor, the recipe can be completed with nuts. This recipe of apple crisp is very easy to make and can be an excellent fruit dessert.
You may also want to try these recipes:
How to cook apple crisp
- Ingredients For the Apples
- 4 large apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ingredients For the Topping
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- To Serve (optional): Ice cream or whipped cream
- Grease a pie pan with chunks of butter.
- Peel the apples and cut them into thin slices.
- Place the apple slices in the pie dish, alternating with cinnamon and salt.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water over the apple slices.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, butter, and flour and mix until the dough is well crushed.
- Sprinkle the composition made of flour over the apples.
- Place the tray with apples and dough in the preheated oven and bake until the apples are tender or until the top filling is browned, for about 35-45 minutes.
- Serve a portion of apple crisp with a topping of ice cream or cream.